Search This Blog

Friday 24 July 2015

Commission Miniature Painting



Hello fellow hobbyists and gamers

I am now open to all commission work, I know many of you have armies or models that are still unpainted, or maybe you have a large centrepiece that you want painted but just don't have the time to do. Thinking of starting a new army but put off by the ours of painting involved. Im here to help and offer my service.

It could just a unit of troops or maybe a tank or monstrous creature. No project is too big or small. I also limit the amount of work I take on so my clients turnaround is quick without sacrificing time on too big a workload.

I am happy to paint your models, but also happy to build them too. I actually prefer to. My style of painting is to sub assemble most models and paint them in parts before the final build. It gives a good crisp finish and ensures the model is painted completely with no areas lacking detail.

I mainly paint 40K models and now Age of Sigmar (Warhammer) but I am open to painting any miniatures from any game. I have painted models from not only Games workshops great range but also Privateer Press, Wyrd, Soda Pop and Corvus Belli. I am happy to paint any model from any range of games

I have a established background in customer services and this is reflected in the service my clients get. I communicate all the way though the building and painting process to make sure that the model they receive is what they wanted. A high quality model they are proud to display at home and use in their games. I paint your models how I paint my own.

Painting Standards

I prefer to paint to good quality table top standards for the majority of my work. This is an example of my "Tabletop Standard"









I am also very happy to do those "BIG" centre piece models that give some gamers nightmares when it comes to building and painting. My turnaround on projects like this is quick and I provide models that really stand out on the table. The look so good they give you not only something to be proud of but a psychological in game advantage too.
Here are some examples of centrepiece models or units.















Work.
I prefer to build the models I paint but if you have an unfinished project then please don't hesitate to contact me. If your models are built already its no problem. I can work on any project no matter the stage you have the project at.
My Painting Techniques

Priming. 
I always use my airbrush to prime. I prefer to prime in grey paint and I use Vallejo surface primer. In my opinion its the best in the business of priming. For those dark "moodier" models I can use black primer and for more vibrant finishes I prime with white. But my go to colour is grey.

Colour Scheme. 
You tell me the colour scheme you require and I will match it. 

Shading and Highlights.
I use a combination of washes and oil washes to shade the models I paint. I also use my airbrush techniques such as pre shading to blend colours and produce schemes I am proud of every time. Highlights can be edged for a strong table top pop or airbrushed for a more subtle look.

Materials Used.
I use paints by Vallejo, Games workshop, Badgers "Minitaire" airbrush range and Reaper. I use airbrushes by Iwata and Harder & Steenbeck and my paint brushes are Series 7 Winsor & Newton.

Basing.
I can do just about any kind of base a client requests. From Snow bases to City rubble or maybe something with a deep forest look, Even a volcanic lava base. Look though the above examples and you can see my base work.

Weathering and Chipping.
I use various home made oil washes, forgeworld pigments and painting techniques to models upon request to give them that battle worn look if requested.

OSL or Object source lighting. 
Certain models really look great with a glowing weapon, power source or even creepy glowing eyes. On bigger models I do this with my airbrush. I think you can agree they look great.

Heat stain or Bloom.
I have perfected my very own technique to produce a very stunning life like heat bloom effect on weaponry should the client wish.
Costing
This varies based on the size of the project and the end result you the client are looking for. Please feel free to contact me. Give me as much detail as you can on your project and the end result you would like. 

I ask for 50% (non-refundable deposit) to cover expenses, 
I will send you pictures of the project upon completion before arranging shipping to make sure you are satisfied with the end result. The 50% remainder will be paid before shipping.

I ask that you the client pay for the shipping and handling of all the models. I will pack them and send a price before shipping them to you. Models are sent with insurance and tracking to make sure they arrive safely. I use either Canada Post or UPS. But if you wish me to use another courier then that can be arranged.

I only accept payment via PayPal.

Time involved.
This depends on the number of commissions I currently have and how involved the project is. I try to limit the amount of work I have on at any one time so I can give the projects I am working on my full attention. I work 5 days a week and at least 8 hours a days. 

How it works.
Contact me by email and let me know what you’re interested in having painted.
If I can help you I will and if you are asking for something that I feel I am unable to do at that time i will be honest with you.

So if your interested we can communicate via email and thrash out the details of your project. When we have all the finer points nailed down then we will proceed with the project.


Please feel free to email me on PaintingPlasticCrack

Cheers
Joes
paintingplasticcrack@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment