Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Imperial Knights, Playing X-Wing and plans for the Blog.

Imperial Knights are coming to Painting Plastic Crack, Playing X-Wing and plans for the blog.

1st off I would like to apologise for my lack of posts over the last two months. With moving house, Christmas and many other things getting in the way painting just wasn't happening for me. I also admit I was suffering with a bit of burnout too.

All that changed last week when GW announced the Imperial Knight kit in its latest issue of the revamped WD. This kit has really got my painting juices flowing again. The fact they can be used as an army in their own right is brilliant and I plan on doing just that. 3 Paladins and 1 Errant rocks in at 1495pts.

I don't expect it to be all powerful but man these models will look great on the table and in the cabinet.

I don't plan on painting all 4 in the same scheme, I think that it will be more exciting to go for 4 "Freeblades" these knights will have their own heraldry and paint schemes and each will be unique. Far more creative and much more interesting to post about too.

So as we speak, I'm dusting off my airbrush and getting my paints ready. I've not pre-ordered anything just yet as my Eldar are on eBay. Once they are sold then I will have the funds to get stuck in. The lots finish on Thursday and I'm planning on ordering at least 2 knights to begin with. I'm sure most of you have seen the release schedule for next week. Codex Imperial Knights as well as some accompanying books. I'm getting those as well.

This release could not have come at a better time for me, I was really struggling to get any painting done. I was basically burnt out I guess.

What have I been doing with my spare time then ? Well I picked up X-Wing and have been playing that. Such a brilliant game and now I have a bit more knowledge of the game I will be adding some x-wing based content to the blog. I'm planning on doing some repaints of some of the models, Boba Fetts ship Slave 1 being the 1st.

Anyway guys and gals, if you have any ideas on colour schemes you think could be interesting for a Freeblade knight why not leave a message down below, I'm open to any ideas and would love to read your thoughts.

Cheers

Joe



No comments:

Post a Comment