Search This Blog

Saturday 4 July 2015

Age of Sigmar is up for pre-orders

Age of Sigmar, Free Rules from GW
Age of Sigmar Webstore Page
Age of Sigmar Army compendiums

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year, Warhammer Fantasy (WFB from here on in) has been going though some monumental changes. The End Times brought about some huge centrepiece models to many armies and some really fantastic story lines. The End Times were GWs finale to WFB and when the campaigns and stories were complete the Fantasy world as we knew it vanished. Warhammer became Warhammer, Age of Sigmar

Im not going to debate here with GWs reasons why they decided to give WFB a massive overhaul in game mechanics and kill off everything that went before. Im not interested in that. What I am interested in is getting into this fantastic new box set that heralds in beginnings for the fantasy genre and starts it off with a big bang.

Lets start with the models, I'm sure you have seen them over on the various wargaming sites such as Bells of Lost Souls.

Bells of Lost Souls

BoLs has had some great coverage and has done a brilliant job of combining all the rumours and pics in one place for any hungry fan to go and look.

I won't regurgitate whats been said there, but here is a few pics of some of the models we will see in the Age of Sigmar box set.




Obviously the box set contains a huge amount of models, 47 to be precise and thats amazing value. Its got my interested in fantasy in a way I never was before. These simplified rules and cracking models swung it for me. Its a game I can see being able to play with my kids quite easily and have a lot of fun painting. Bravo GW you have done a fantastic job with this set. Even better is GW have produced a PDF with the rules which you can get from them for FREE. I have a link at the beginning of this post. Fantastic GW, I really think they have listened to their critiques and answered them loudly. They have even rewritten all the rules for current fantasy models and they too are free to download as compendiums. Your current army books rules maybe redundant but GW have replaced them for free. 

This is the most excited I have been about a GW release....ever. Thats the point fantasy was not being played as much as maybe it could. 40K is defiantly the big daddy of the wargaming hobby but I really believe GW have hit the ball out of the park with this re-release of fantasy. 

I pre-ordered the box set this morning and I plan to paint at least a model a day when it arrives. I will obviously track my progress here and hope you guys enjoy the painting I produce. My 8 year old daughter is super excited about "the gold ones" so I guess I will be playing Khorne. That suits me.

Right I'm off to download this weeks White Dwarf, just to build the excitement in me even further. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. release day can't come quick enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment